So every month I keep track of the products that I’m using up. This includes skin care, hair care, and makeup. I love having a large makeup collection BUT sometimes having a lot of products sitting around can feel like too much and cause me a little bit of stress. I’ve tempered down my makeup spending in 2016 not just to save money, but to also stop the rapid growth that my makeup collection went through in the first year or so after college graduation.
So here are my empties for this month:
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunscreen: I have already repurchased this. It is a really good everyday, under-the-makeup sunscreen. Yes I do wear sunscreen every day! Sun damage accounts for about 80% of aging, so wearing sunscreen daily is the best way to keep your skin looking youthful. 10/10.
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo: I got this in my BirchBox. I really like this dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel nice and light, clean, and airy, which is good because some dry shampoos can feel heavy and like powder in your hair. I may buy this from the BirchBox store after I’m finished with another dry shampoo sample. 10/10.
- Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Powder: I got this as a Sephora points reward. It is not the famous translucent setting powder that’s all over the internet right now; that one is a talc powder. This one in my empties is a silica powder. It was just okay for me. It wasn’t the best at keeping undereye creases at bay, but it also didn’t look too dry as a setting powder on my dry skin. I won’t be purchasing the full size; I have the NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder as a perfectly good silica powder. 7/10.
- La La Lagoon Shower Gel: I got this in my BirchBox. It was just OK. It wasn’t extra moisturizing or anything, and had a strong herbal smell that I was indifferent about. 6/10.
- Real Chemistry 3-Minute Peel: Another item I got in my Birchbox. This was okay for me. It was pretty cool to use, because I could see the dead skin coming off my face. It wasn’t irritating at all, but my skin would be pretty parched after using it. I probably won’t purchase the full size.7/10.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black: This actually wasn’t empty, I just hated this quite frankly and wanted it out of my vanity. I bought this in a semi-emergency scenario where I forgot to bring eye makeup to where I was going and just bought a mascara real quick. This formula is very thin and wet. So for me, that meant that it barely added any volume or length, and would ALWAYS migrate under my eyes, giving me complete racoon eyes and rendering my concealing efforts to be pointless. Will not repurchase. 1/10.
- bareMinerals Prime Time: This is a good siliconey, pore-filling primer. It is less drying on me than Benefit’s Porefessional, but it can feel a bit greasy. I probably won’t repurchase this just because I have other primers that I like better, but I didn’t dislike this product. 7/10.
So that is all the empties I have for this month!