So I’m one of those people that likes to keep track of the products I use up and whether I would repurchase. It’s mostly because I have a large makeup collection, and it kind of feels like an accomplishment to use up things. If you’re not super into makeup, that probably sounds totally weird because you probably use up things all the time. But in the beauty blogging world, it’s pretty common to keep track of empties. I plan on collecting ALL of my empties for 2016 and making a big post at the end of the year reflecting on how many things I used up vs. how many things I bought. Sort of a reflection on how fast my makeup collection is growing/shrinking.
Anyway, here are my empties for the month of May:
From top left to bottom right:
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer: I absolutely love this concealer. I do NOT think it is a dupe for the NARS radiant creamy concealer; to me, the formulas are very different. This concealer is perfect for under the eyes as it has high coverage but is not drying. It does need to be set with powder. This is my second empty tube and I will be repurchasing.
- IPKN Radiant Primer: I got this in my BirchBox. This was okay… despite having dry skin, I don’t really like “luminous” primers. I can just buy a luminous foundation. Or a highlighter. This felt nice and hydrating on the skin, but that’s about it. Will not repurchase.
- ELF Mattifyng Powder: I keep this in my purse to use mainly as a mirror but I also use the powder if my makeup is falling apart or getting shiny (which is not very often). I don’t really LIKE this powder too much, but since I don’t need it often at all, I’ve already repurchased another to keep in my purse since it’s like $3.00 and I don’t want to spend much more on a touch up powder.
- Smashbox Primer Water: I really like this stuff. It is SUPER hydrating. I used it before makeup and I think it did make a bit of difference on my dry skin. However, MAC Fix+ does the same thing for almost half the price, so I won’t repurchase.
- Beauty Blender: After about 2 years of intermittent use of this thing, I finally had to call it quits. It was starting to just get gross despite daily washing and seemed to suck up more product as time went on. I LOVE the beauty blender BUT I also love my Real Techniques sponge, which is 1/3 the price. I may repurchase but I definitely don’t need to since I like the RT sponge so much.
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner: This eyeliner was okay. The fat tip was surprisingly easy to use to create wings. The color was opaque. My main gripe with this liner is that it isn’t waterproof but it also smudges on even a slightly humid day. Will not repurchase. My Stila liner has me covered.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Eyeliner in Black Velvet: I got this in an Ipsy bag a while ago and kept it because… urban decay? This eyeliner just sucks. It is dry and skips across the lid, and smudges like crazy. The original 24/7 line is prone to smudging but is at least easy to apply. Absolutely would not repurchase.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara: This is my holy grail non-waterproof mascara. It is just so easy to use and makes my lashes so look dramatic and volumized and long. It’s like $4.00 and is found at Walgreens. I already have a backup of this and I will definitely repurchase once I run out of that.
- Lord & Berry Eyeliner: Another Ipsy bag reject. Same thing as the Urban Decay liner – this sucks. You have to fight to get it on, and then it smudges away immediately. Will not repurchase.
- Replica Beach Walk Perfume: I LOVE THIS SCENT. I bought it in the rollerball size at Sephora (because the only bottle is like humongous and $125, like no thanks?). This smells like the beach. And summer. And happiness.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunscreen: I really like this sunscreen. It absorbs quickly and sits well under makeup. This is my send bottle and I think it’s a bit pricey for how small the bottle is so I MAY repurchase this but I may look for cheaper options first.
That’s it for my empties this month! Feel free to leave questions or comments below.