The Anastasia glow kits are some of the most popular highlighters right now. I had been interested in them for a while, and finally invested in one a couple weeks ago. I own the kit in the shade “That Glow.” It contains four highlighters for $40 USD and 1.04 oz of product. As far as high-end highlighters go, that makes these kits a really great deal. They are limited edition and the “Gleam” shade is already a bit hard to find, but I think they will all still be around for at least a few months.
There are now 5 different shades of this available: (using a scale of fair, light, tan, deep, very deep these are what I recommend)
- That Glow (Good for light to deep skin) I think this one is the most universal.
- Gleam (Good for fair to tan skin) These are more pink toned.
- Sun Dipped (Good for medium to very deep skin) This one has a BEAUTIFUL taupe shade.
- Sweets (Good for light to deep skin) – This one has unique purple and peach shades.
- Moonchild (Good for fair to tan skin) These are more pastel, blue-based colors.
Packaging & Ingredients:
The formula of these highlighters is very nice. They are easy to work with to use for a subtle glowy look, or you can build them up easily for a very dramatic effect. I apply them with a fan brush or my ELF blush brush. The powders are a very nice quality. They aren’t as “buttery” as the Becca highlighters, but they are not powdery or chalky at all. They apply very smoothly. These highlighters seem to pretty much last all day for me. I usually use setting spray and I also have dry skin, so that normally isn’t a problem for me anyway. I don’t think they over emphazise pores or texture on the skin. They have more of a shimmery finish than a reflective or sparkly one.
I think these glow kits are a fantastic price and a fun way to add variety to your highlighter collection. If you are a makeup artist, someone without many highlighters, or a makeup enthusiast, I highly recommend picking one of these up.