Here are all of my makeup empties of 2016!! I have definitely bought a bunch of stuff this year but I’ve also used up a good amount! I haven’t included skin care, hair care, or foil samples here for the sake of time. I’ve included a mini review for each empty.
- Smashbox BB Cream Deluxe Sample: I like this a lot actually. It has light to medium coverage and a nice finish for dry skin. Good for everyday, but I like my NARS tinted moisturizer better!
- NARS Sheer Glow: Love this foundation. Medium coverage with a perfect shade match for me. I can’t wear it when I have any super dry patches with flakes, but I liked it enough to repurchase.
- Revlon Photoready: Another great foundation for dry skin. This has very fine shimmer in it which a lot of people don’t like but I thought it gave some life to my skin.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk: Amazing amazing amazing. Probably my favorite foundation. Medium coverage and the most natural finish. I just haven’t repurchased yet because of the insane price tag!
- L’Oreal True Match Lumi: Yet again another great foundation for dry skin. My only complaint is that I wish it lasted longer on my skin throughout the day.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I loved this concealer when I first tried it, because it was full coverage. However, I find it to look a little bit dry on me and it can look a little cakey sometimes.
- Maybelline Fit Me: This is probably medium to full coverage and nice and moisturizing. It needs to be set with powder, but for the price it’s absolutely amazing.
- Urban Decay Naked Weightless: This one is full coverage while looking light and not dry on the skin. This needs to be set with a powder.
- Maybelline Age Rewind: This concealer looks very natural and doesn’t crease but it just doesn’t have the amount of coverage I want.
- Hourglass Mineral Veil: This is a nice primer for smoothing out the skin, but if I am dry at all, this primer will emphasize that. For that reason and the price point I won’t buy this again.
- IPKN Radiant Primer Deluxe Sample: Got this in a BirchBox – felt nice on the skin but I’m not sure it actually did anything.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Deluxe Sample: This is a great pore-filling primer for dry skin. Those with oily skin probably won’t like the sort of slippery feeling it leaves, but for me that’s a plus.
- Benefit Porefessional Deluxe Sample: This primer is good at filling pores but it can suck moisture out of dry skin. Those with oily skin will like this.
- Smashbox Primer Water Deluxe Size: This felt really nice on the skin, but the price point seems outrageous to me.
- Mario Badescu Rose Water Mini: This spray feels really refreshing on the skin and I like to use it before my makeup. It’s also a really great value at $7 for a large bottle. I’m planning to repurchase this soon.
- Urban Decay All Nighter: Holy grail. I’ve repurchased this over and over and will continue to do so. It makes a very noticeable difference in the wear time of my makeup.
- MAC Fix+: I love this product and went to repurchase and got talked into the mineralized charged water instead, which is basically the same thing but with tiny amounts of shimmer. I use this after makeup to look more natural and to intensify eyeshadows.
- ELF Mattifying Powder: I really bought this just to use as a compact and for emergency touch ups. It’s okay – it looks really dry on me and definitely has a strong pink hue to it.
- Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder Deluxe Sample: This was crease central. I did not like this at all.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz: Holy grail – repurchased. The best brow pencil I’ve tried.
- NYX Micro Brow: Like the brow wiz but just a bit more waxy and less pigmented. They are very, very comparable. If you’re low on funds, get this one.
- Stila Stay All Day: This is a holy grail for me but I want to try the Kat Von D for the brush tip. The felt tip on the Stila tends to fray and split after a while, making it harder to get a sharp point.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme: This is my holy grail non-waterproof mascara. It’s volumizing, lengthening, doesn’t smudge, and is $4.
- Benefit They’re Real Mini: I like this mascara a lot but the brush was really sharp and it was hard to remove.
- Benefit Roller Lash Mini: This is an amazing mascara – very similar to the Jordana but more expensive.
- Urban Decay Cannonball (not pictured): I KNOW I used one of these this year, but it wasn’t in my empties bag. This is my holy grail waterproof mascara. This is what I wear on really sweaty days in the summer so that I don’t have to worry about my mascara moving.
That’s it for my empties! Maybe next year I will finally finish a bronzer or something. We can dream.
I think it’s always really interesting to see people’s thoughts on products they’ve actually used up, especially when the online makeup world seems to focus on hauls and being the first to push out reviews for new products. What was your favorite product you used up this year?